Friday 20 April 2012

CHOCOLATE BUTTONS - A Few Of My Favourite Things


I've decided that sharing recipes is not enough - for too long I have kept some of my favourite kitchen utensils / gadgets / stuff secret because I didn't want everyone else having them too, they are my special things, but that's just selfish really and quite frankly the world needs to know about these brilliant items.  They make me go weak and compel me to stroke them in a loving way while I say 'Precious'  in a slightly sinister way.  It's not healthy is it, so in the name of self help I'm going to share.





I'm starting with my chocolate button moulds. You can't not love these.  I saw them on the first series of GBBO when Miranda Gore Brown used them on her tiered cake chocolate cake.  I trawled the internet and bought a mould but now there are two sizes!  You can have giant buttons which look like they should be worn on a coat by Kirsty Allsopp.  They are silicone so the buttons just pop out and they are easy to clean.








Two of my favourite things combined, chocolate and buttons, can't go wrong really.  They are great to decorate cakes like this Black Forest cup cake - one big button finishing it off, there's nothing cuter.






Or you can just have them as chocolate.  I always like to take a gift when I'm invited round for supper and these do the job nicely. I have made this selection for my lovely friend Elaine, she's very funky and will squeal with delight when she sees them.












If you want to get your hands on the moulds for yourself, I got them from Sew White but beware when you visit their web site - you will want to buy lots of other beautiful things.

Next week A Few of My Favourite Things will be - Pie Funnels

6 comments:

  1. Love these Yasmin x Hope you're well

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cute! i thought they were real, but even better, you can eat them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vintage style to these but they are still so modern and hip. And since it has chocolate so it will be obviously delicious !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just knew you'd all love them too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. Just looked at the Sew White website- I want one of everything...

    ReplyDelete